Tuesday, January 11, 2011

So I know that it has been a long time since I've written. I write this blog mostly for my sisters and since the reason I did not write in it was because I was hanging out with my sisters I figure that is ok! This has been a crazy couple of weeks.

Tyson and I went to Temple Square with my family. Tyson and I have never been to Temple Square together and we've been dating 2 years! It was really fun. We got cold (and bored) so we made a train and were tromping down the sidewalk. We got a lot of stares but it was really fun! One of my favorite things about Christmas is LIGHTS! I love love love Christmas lights so Temple Square is awesome! I was really bummed that I haven't had time to go the last 2 years. I had a really good time and Tyson and I walked arm in arm and looked at the displays. I love Christmas!

So Christmas was a little rough for me this year. I was so unbelievably sick and spent Christmas Eve in bed alone (I didn't want Tyson to miss his family get together). I had terrible stomach pains and couldn't keep anything down. I felt a little better on Christmas and was able to tolerate a few crackers but I spent the day moving from couch to couch pretty much. Luckily I felt much better the next day after 12 hours of sleep but most of my family ended up getting it too!

Tirza made out like a bandit this year! She spent Christmas morning with her mom (next year is our year for Christmas morning) and we picked her up at 1. We went to Grandma's house first and she tore through her presents. She got a dessert maker, some fun games, new clothes and candy. We took her home after and she opened her gifts from us. She got a Tinkerbell tent set, Disney Apples to Apples, a color wonder book, some craft stuff, a leapster game, a tutu, 7 bows, the Tinkerbell movie, Tinkerbell and the great fairy rescue, Barbie's fashion fairytale and the Dark Crystal. I put together a stocking for her and put some Tangled stickers in it, put her ornament on it and set the tutu around it. I have decided to continue my mom's tradition and get everyone a new ornament every year. This year I got Tirza a Princess Tiana ornament from Princess and the Frog. I got Tyson a Snoopy ornament that has Snoopy sleeping on top of his house and its got Christmas lights and a wreath on it. I got a silver PEACE ornament with a ribbon hanger. I am so excited for this tradition!

A few days later my family came up and gave Tirza her presents. My mom got her Nanny McPhee Returns that she has been desperately wanting to see since it came out in August. It wasn't in theaters very long so we didn't get a chance to take her. She was so excited she kept jumping up and down and hugging my mom. She loved my apron when I showed it to her and she was so excited when she got one that matched! She wore it for a while. The next weekend we had her she got to use her Christmas presents. She helped me make salsa and we both wore our aprons. I finally got Tyson's dad's salsa recipe! I have made it twice and it is so good! We had a tea party after with her Tinkerbell tea set. She had just seen Nanny McPhee so she was talking with a British accent. It was so cute!

Christmas was a very good day. I got some amazing things. My family went all out this year. Rachel sewed me a table runner and I love it! Marissa made me an apron and she made Tirza a teeny one to match! My brother made beautiful blue earrings and my mom got me a hair dryer that I desperately need! I swear my hair dryer was going to over heat and burn down our apartment one of these days. She also made us all shadow boxes. She filled them with things about our dad and we all cried. It was so special and amazing and I'm going to keep it forever! Tyson got me Despicable Me, The Karate Kid, and the Collector's Edition Avatar. Tyson's mom got me super cute black heels with laces on the front, a gift card to Old Navy, nail polish, jewelry and a bunch of cute little stuff. Tyson got Nintendo Monopoly from me, a Grinch T shirt and hat from Marissa and Wesley and a Mario shirt from Brandon. From his mom he got Microsoft points, a camera case, a Skull Candy iPod dock that he LOVES, and an air mattress. After he got his Grinch hat at my parents, Evelyn found it! Everyone went in to the kitchen to eat and no one was watching Evelyn. I was on the couch so I hear a crunching sound and I look over and Evelyn is happily sitting on the couch raiding her stocking and eating a candy cane with Tyson's Grinch hat on backwards. When I look at her she grins and holds it out and says "look at my shepherd's crook". It was so cute! She was adorable when she opened my present and I was so excited for it! I got her Barbie light up heels and Brandon got her a Fancy Nancy book to go with it. She opened the heels and Rachel says "What are those Evelyn?" With her little voice full of wonder she said "Glass sippers." She loved them! She was sliding around on the floor but she loved wearing them.

So as far as movies go I didn't think that we had seen very many. I looked through my journal and was surprised to realize that we'd seen quite a few! We finished Firefly which is sad because it ended in the middle of the season. I made Tyson watch Willow because I loved it as a kid even though its horribly cheesy. Tyson slept through half of it! The best line is "I don't love her- she kicked me in the face!" Tyson got me Despicable Me for Christmas which is one of my favorite movies ever! I couldn't wait to watch it so we saw it the day after Christmas. He also got me the special extended edition of Avatar and that was cool! It even comes in this super fancy case. We rented Knight and Day because we saw a trailer and really wanted to see it. It was hilarious!! I love that movie! Tom Cruise does crazy REALLY well. It had a ton of hilarious lines. I want to buy it! I saw Secretariat with my mom and Rachel and that was a good one too. The ending is amazing! I watched Nanny McPhee Returns with Tirza and it is just as good as the first. Tyson and I watched a lot of Big Bang Theory! We finished Season 1 and are almost a third of the way through Season 2. Tyson didn't seem very interested in Season 1 but the second one is better so he likes watching it more. Yay! I saw Tron and Tyson and I saw Tron Legacy.

Brandon decided to have a nerd party. Our whole family showed up and a couple of his friends. We watched the original Tron from 1982 and then went and saw Tron: Legacy in IMAX 3D. It was so much fun! It was interesting to see the special effects of 1982 compared with today. I was also thinking about how Tron must have seemed back then. It was talking about the internal workings of a computer which is pretty common knowledge now, but must have seemed so alien back then. I wonder if people even knew what was going on! Seeing it IMAX was amazing! It was like being there! I really liked the new one. The old one was a little slow moving for me but still good. After we saw the new one Brandon made ribs for dinner and everyone brought a side dish. It was so good and Brandon's ribs were amazing as always. We were all in a food coma after dinner! We hung around and chatted before going our separate ways. Brandon's nerd party was a total success!

Seeing Rachel while she was here was a lot of fun. When she was here for Marissa's wedding I didn't get to see her and her family very much so I was kind of bummed. We did a lot while she was here! I got some one on one time with her and we went shoe shopping and grocery shopping. She and Logan played Last Night on Earth with Tyson and I which was cool. We got to have everyone over to our apartment in Layton for dinner and it was wonderful chaos. The kids were playing with toys and exploring new things and we all had a really good time. We all hung out on New Years Eve and played games and had fondue. Tyson and I got to kiss at midnight! I was in Ohio last year and really missed him. We took the kids to Classic Skating the last night Rachel and Logan were here and it was so much fun! The kids were intrigued by the bouncy castles and slides. They loved it! A nice stranger gave them some bouncy balls to play with and they weren't entertained for a long time! Evelyn loved it and Rachel took her to the Dimecade after. Brandon won a bunch of tickets and she got some toys. Marissa and I bought cotton candy and I held Evelyn so that she could see how it was made. It was a lot of fun! I was very sad when they had to go home but I was very glad that I got to spend a lot of time with them. I can't wait until they live closer!

So now it is the start of the job hunt and I hope that this year will start out well. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's and I hope 2011 is a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment