Monday, December 20, 2010

So this week involved a lot of sitting and relaxing and then a few exciting days.

I went to Sandy on Monday and got to spend the day with my family which was nice. I ran some errands with my mom, we had lunch with Marissa and then hung out with Brandon when we got home. I miss them and wish I could come down more often! There are days when it is very hard being so far from everyone. I got home with only 20 minutes before I had to login to work. It was awesome!

We haven't watched very many movies this week. We watched 5 episodes of Firefly and we only have 3 left! We watched a few episodes of Big Bang Theory and are probably half way through the first season. I watched the first episode of the Dresden Files which was an okay show but it probably gets worse since there is only one season. I hope it gets better! It has an interesting plot. A wizard uses magic to solve crimes. It sounds cheesy and there was a little cheese in the episode but not too bad. I watched the Grinch with Tirza, Brandie and her daughter McKenzie since Tirza had never seen it before. She seemed to like it! I don't think Tyson has ever seen it and I don't think he wants to. I'm not Jim Carrey biggest fan but I thought he did a really good job with the it.

So this week I found out that I am NOT pregnant. I thought that I was pregnant because I looked up the symptoms and had a lot of them. Mood swings (poor Tyson!), nausea, cramps, cravings, extreme thirst, exhaustion, headaches, etc. I was waiting to take a home pregnancy test because I wanted to take it when I was sure it would be accurate. On Wednesday I woke up and I felt awful. I had really bad cramps and I never get cramps when I'm on the Pill. I was in a ton of pain and couldn't get a hold of my doctor. When Tyson came home I starting crying and panicking and he made a doctor's appointment for me. We were worried I was having a miscarriage because of my symptoms. The doctor did a blood test and found out I wasn't. My first thought was 'Then what the heck is wrong with me?!' The lab had closed by that point so he said he'd run some tests in the morning. We still don't know what it is because the tests for diabetes and a thyroid issue came back normal. At least I know for sure!

Tyson is still not feeling great. He almost completely lost his voice Saturday and is finally going to make an appointment. We both have been exhausted because he's been sick and I think I've been fighting off whatever he has. I haven't gotten sick but I've been very tired. Hopefully he gets some meds and is feeling better by Christmas!

We had 2 Christmas parties on Saturday. We had the one for Tyson's extended family and the one for my extended family. With his family we had lunch and played games. We passed around cards with cartoons and had to guess which Christmas song they were. Then we drew Santa on a big piece of paper taped to a door and each person took turns drawing a body part. He looked awesome when we were done! At my family party we talked to a few people and did the white elephant gift exchange. I got a puzzle. I HATE puzzles. I'll have to figure out a way to make Tyson do it! Tirza got a Reese's in the kids gift exchange but really wanted Brite Crawlers. She doesn't like Reese's so we gave it to my mom and got her some Brite Crawlers the next day. Poor kid. She was pretty bummed! At our Christmas parties we showed pictures to our families that we'd had printed and everyone said they looked great and then they said that Tirza looked like me! I was very flattered and surprised. I picked Tirza up from Girl Scouts on Friday and the lady who was hosting it said the same thing! In our Christmas pictures we have practically the same eye color. Its crazy!

This week will probably be a little bit busier with Christmas so we'll have more to post next week. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment