Sunday, December 12, 2010

This has been quite the busy week! The best part was that Thursday was the 2 year anniversary of when Tyson and I had our first kiss and started dating. Its crazy because it doesn't seem like its been that long and at the same time I can't remember what life was like before Tyson. I must say that I think I got really lucky! Tyson is a wonderful person with a big heart and he is so kind. Tyson will do anything for his friends and he is always there for everyone. He is patient and loving and giving. He is a wonderful father. Seeing him with Tirza is the sweetest thing. He is so sweet to her and she just adores him. Hopefully this is just the beginning of our relationship and life together. Tyson is so easy to be around and I can definitely see myself being with him forever! I love him so much!! It was a really fun night and we had a very nice dinner at the Olive Garden and our server was really nice. He gave us free Zeppoli! We went and saw Tangled which I absolutely loved and Tyson really liked. I think I'll watch it again when it hits the dollar theaters and then buy it when it comes out!

As for the other movies we watched this week there aren't very many. We watched a few episodes of Firefly and we only have 8 episodes left which is good because we have acquired about 3 new shows that we need to watch after! I got seasons 1 and 3 of Big Bang Theory and season 2 has shipped so we'll be getting that soon! We have watched 3 episodes of that and I can't wait to watch more! I think that show is so ridiculously funny.

We got some new stuff this week! On Tuesday we got our new dishwasher. This of course happened after I decided I couldn't take the growing pile of dishes in our sink and hand washed everything- you guessed it!- on Monday. Oh well. I am very grateful to have it and since we live in an apartment we didn't have to buy it! We just washed our first load and it is so powerful and loud that while sitting in the office it sounds like a wave is coming crashing down the hallway. The other new stuff we got is our dressers! We finally have a matching bedroom set for the first time in either of our lives! We didn't unload the stuff out of the old dressers the night before they delivered the new ones so we now have FOUR dressers in our bedroom. It is getting pretty crammed! Thankfully we have a pretty big master bedroom. I unloaded most of my stuff into my dresser (I have so much crap I got the bigger one :)) and Tyson will load his dresser when he is feeling better. They look so good!! I will post the after pictures once we get the old dressers out.

This week has not been a great one for Tyson. The poor guy is very sick and has had a sore throat most of the week. When he woke up during the week his throat was so sore he could barely talk. He started getting congested and feeling worse just in time for the weekend. Work has not been helping either. The new company that took over requires the employees to pass exams on their policies. The graveyard guys have not passed all of their exams and Tyson had to get up at 3 am Friday morning to go in and train them. They had to have their exams passed that day. He was so exhausted that when he came home after the furniture delivery guys left he passed out for almost 4 hours. He is going to make a doctor's appointment so hopefully he'll be feeling better soon!

We played a few fun games this week. We played Carcassonne on Wednesday with Tirza and I won for the first time ever! It was with Tyson's help of course since he's played it more and knows how to strategize. It is a game where you build a map tile by tile and create cities, roads and a river. Everything is worth a certain number of points and there are certain pieces that give extra points. Of the 150 or so total points I got, 50 of them were from one city! It was a lot of fun. We also played In a Pickle with Tyson's brother Brandon, his wife Ashley, and friend Jared. There are 320 cards in that game and we spent 3 hours playing them all! The game starts with 4 cards in the middle and each card has a noun. You can put something that is bigger or smaller on it and it goes from there. So you can start with an airplane and then put microwave on top and the next card has to be something smaller than a microwave. Whoever puts the 5th card on the pile keeps it. We played all of them! It was a lot of fun! The best one was that one of the starter cards was a pear tree. I said "Wouldn't it be cool if there was a card with a partridge on it?" and Jared drew the partridge card! We had a partridge in a pear tree :) Surprisingly we didn't play Last Night on Earth this weekend but I'm sure we'll play it soon!

Tyson's family Christmas party was Saturday night. Everyone was coming over for the UFC so Lisa decided to make it a party. She prepared a ton of food for everyone and it was so good! Troy made his famous salsa that I am addicted to and I watched him make it and he told me what he did. I can't wait to try it at home! In all, the people who were there was Ashley, Brandon, Jared, Robbie, Brandie and her sons Lucas and Kayden and Troy and Lisa of course. We had so much fun! The fights were pretty good and Georges St-Pierre won the championship fight which is who we were rooting for! We hung out until midnight and it was so nice to get to talk to everyone.

Next week is probably going to be just as busy or busier and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment