Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I know that I am posting a little late but we are just barely recovering from the weekend. The good news is that we are done with Tirza's shopping and thanks to my awesome neighbor Hannah her presents are wrapped! Present wrapping must never be done solo because it sucks and takes forever. I had fun and Hannah's help made it go by so fast!

This week we have watched several episodes of Firefly and will be done with it just in time to start watching Big Bang Theory. Seasons 1 and 3 should be arriving next week so that we can start watching them! We watched Two Weeks Notice which is one of my favorite movies and Tyson has never seen it. We finally watched a movie that I've seen and Tyson hasn't! We watched the Sorcerer's Apprentice with our friend Brandie because she and Tyson have never seen it. I love it! We also watched From Paris with Love from Netflix. I loved that movie!! Plus it didn't hurt that Tyson looks a lot like Johnathan Rhys Meyers (Tyson is hotter though!).

I got to catch up with my friend Amber this week. I met her in the 7th grade since our older sisters were friends and we used to push her cat around in my doll stroller. She lives in Salt Lake but just happens to work at the Krispy Kreme down the street! She stopped by after work one day and we got to talk for a while. We made lunch and it was really nice to see her again. Hopefully I'll get to see more of her!

A lot of this week was spent in preparation for Tyson's friends Christmas party. Tyson has a unique group of friends. They grew up in the same neighborhood and have known each other almost 15 years and they all get along (mostly). It was a little nerve wracking meeting his friends for the first time when they've known each other for so long! This party is special for me and Tyson because it is where we met 2 years ago and now we're hosting it! We bought new decorations for the tree on Wednesday and it took 3 hours to put them up! My favorite part is the gel decorations on the mirror in the bathroom. It says 'Wish Big' and is green and red with a red present and red and green stars. They look like Jell-O! We moved some stuff around and cleaned the apartment on Thursday. I did most of it since Tyson was stressing and it was my day off. I must say it was pretty darn clean! On Friday we got some more stuff for the party and some paper plates and stuff since our dishwasher is broken. We are having dinner at the party and I did not want to hand wash all the dishes! The party started at 6 and went until almost 1 am. It was a lot of fun! We had 14 adults and 6 kids in our 1300 square foot apartment. It was chaos but fun chaos :) We had a full turkey dinner with veggies, fruit, rolls, chips and dip and cookies for dessert! The adults did a white elephant and the kids did a gift exchange. Tirza was very happy with her Tinkerbell scratch off activity book. The adults played Liar's Dice and had a good time talking. We were all completely exhausted after the party and I didn't end up making it through my entire graveyard shift. I also learned a very important lesson: clean after the party.

Saturday was also a day of parties. Tirza had a tea party in the morning and then a birthday party at Classic Skating that afternoon. She had gotten roller blades for her birthday in March and had just taken them out of the box. She wouldn't get off the carpet but I told her I'd hold her hand if she skated in the rink. That independent little girl held my hand for about 3 seconds and then she was off on her own! She would completely face plant and then get right back up again. She is such a determined kid and will try and try until she gets it right. She asked her dad to skate with her for the snow ball and it was really cute! Tyson is such a good dad. It was adorable seeing them together and I got some great pictures! The fun didn't stop after 3 parties. We went to Brandie's that night and all got together to play Last Night on Earth. It was a very busy weekend! Next week will probably be just as busy with the new dishwasher, new dressers and our 2 year anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment