Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Pets and New Phones!

Some pretty exciting things happened this week! Tirza got a new pet :) On Saturday we went to lunch with Tyson's mom and then headed to PetsMart without telling Tirza where we were going. Lisa bought Tirza frogs! She got a light one that she named Sticky and a dark one named Explorer. Tirza was so excited! We got a little aquarium and some cute stuff to put in it. We all worked together to get the tank ready and Tirza put one of the frogs in it. She did a better job than I did! The rest of the weekend she would randomly wander over to their tank and watch them and then go back to whatever she was doing. We are all very excited to have them!

Another exciting thing this week is that Tyson and I got new phones! I switched to T-Mobile and we got a killer deal on our phones. It was buy one get one free, plus they gave Tyson cheaper pricing on our plan since he's been with them for so long. We also got a referral credit since I moved from Verizon and I get 10% off through my work! So instead of paying $80 for my plan and going over every month we are now paying less than $130 for unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and a data plan on our phones. I never have to worry about going over my minutes again! I am so happy about that! Tyson and I have been with different carriers for 2 years and its been very frustrating. Now we both have the MyTouch 4g which is the coolest phone ever, and we never have to worry about going over minutes! I am very very happy about this. Tyson did a ton of research before we bought our phones and the MyTouch 4g is pretty much the best phone out there. It outperformed the iPhone and has a ton of cool features. We can do video chats, project pictures and videos onto TV screens, and you can customize everything! It is a way cool phone. I loved my Dare but after using this phone for 10 minutes I knew I could never go back. There is a ton of cool stuff for it and since Tyson is techno savvy he can show me everything and fix the phone when I screw it up!

Tirza is in Girl Scouts and has started selling girl scout cookies. She has set a lofty goal of 500 boxes and after just this weekend of talking to family and friends we have sold almost 100! I really hope that we can help her reach her goal. It helps that the girl scout cookies are so good!

I mentioned in my last post that I had gotten Troy's amazing salsa recipe. I have been working on perfecting it and then getting rid of the evidence so that I can try it again! Since I made the first batch 3 weeks ago I have probably made 5 batches since then! I have been sharing it with family, friends and neighbors and getting everyone's opinion to make sure it is as good as I think it is :) I have been wanting to make this salsa for a long time and am very glad that I get to make it and share it!

Tyson and I have not watched very much this last week. We have watched at least half a dozen episodes of season 2 of Big Bang Theory but besides that we only watched Karate Kid with Tirza, which we've both seen. We've had a Netflix movie for about 3 weeks so this week we will try to watch that so that we can get another one!

We took Tirza to Chuck E. Cheese on Sunday and she had a lot of fun. We went with Brandie and her kids since Page is out of town. The kids had a blast! I am proud to say that I won 25 tickets for Tirza. She got almost 200 tickets by the end and got a necklace, a T-Rex coin and 2 packets of Pop Rocks which are probably one of her favorite candies. She loves all candy and will devour it as long as it has massive amounts of sugar so it is hard to tell which is her favorite! I was glad she had fun because Chuck E. Cheese is definitely not my version of fun. Its too noisy, crowded and was woefully understaffed for how busy it was. At least she had a good time! She loved playing the games and Tyson and I cheered her on.

On Sunday I braved the pouring rain and drove to Sandy to see my family. I hadn't been down there on a Sunday in a long time and was determined to make it! I brought some fresh salsa and we hung out and talked. It was so nice! I really enjoy just hanging out and chatting with my family. I like to know what is going on with them. I couldn't stay as long as I wanted and had to head home to make sure Tyson was okay. He wasn't feeling good and couldn't make the drive. Luckily he rested and was feeling better when I got home!

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment