Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ok, so I really suck at this posting on Sunday thing. My graveyard shift is usually when I type this and my grave on Sunday is my shortest shift of the week. I think I will try to post Tuesday morning because that is near the end of my longest shift! Tyson and I finally got phone cases for our phones which is great because I have been terrified that I'm going to drop mine! We got plastic ones with grips on the sides and they have a stand that pops out in the back. Its very handy for when I listen to music while getting ready or watching videos while I'm working. I also finally got my other phone case in the mail. Its a wallet and phone carrier. It flips open and has slots for cards on one side and a little sleeve on the other that I can slide my phone into. Its very handy for when I don't want to carry my purse! Also, something a little exciting this week- I went running! I do not run. I have not ever run. I was feeling antsy one day and decided I wanted to go walking and expel some energy. I went to the office of the apartment complex and got on the treadmill. I walked 2 laps and then decided I should probably jog. Since my surgery whenever I run I stiffen my leg because I'm used to protecting it and trying not to jar it. Basically I run like a retarded gimp. I wanted to get in the habit of running normally so I cranked it up and ran full out for half a lap! I was so happy! Now I know that I can run and I don't have to favor my leg. Yay! It was even fun and I think I might do it again. I also wasn't sore the next day and neither of my knees hurt! That is a very good thing because the next day was when I helped my mom clean the basement and I was going up and down the stairs a lot!

Tyson and I watched more Big Bang Theory this week. Surprise, surprise. We are almost done with the third season and I am pretty excited. I absolutely love this show but I am ready to watch new stuff! I watched Good Will Hunting on my graveyard shift and it was a really good movie. Everyone had an accent and they all sounded fake but it had a good story. We watched Barbie's Fashion Fairytale when we had Tirza this weekend and it was super cheesy but I loved the fashion in it! I also watched a couple of episodes of the Dresden Files while working and I like that series. I think it only had one season so I will have to watch the episodes slower to make it last!

On Wednesday morning last week I was browsing Facebook and got some depressing news. My friend Annette that had a class with me at the U had lost her 5 year old daughter. Maryn had been battling DIPG which is a tumor on her brain stem. Because of its location it is inoperable and she ended up passing away. I was so sad! She was a sweet little girl and I got to take her for a ride in my convertible a while ago. I can't imagine how hard that would be and I hope she knows Maryn is okay. She is probably hanging out with my dad and he is teaching her about dynamite! I went to the viewing Sunday night and it was so beautiful. It was in the cathedral at Juan Diego in Draper and they had tables full of pictures. There were candles and little shoes and her dresses from her dance class. Annette held it together better than I did. When I talked to her I cried and she was so sweet. She asked how I was and she said she thought I had gotten married. I told her not yet but I was getting closer! She hugged me and she was so awesome. Maryn was lucky to have her as her mom. Annette's blog is marynshope.blogspot.com.

I got to see a lot of people this week which always makes me happy! I got to see Nicole while we carpooled to a team meeting and it is always so much fun talking to her. I had dinner with Jeanne Thursday night and we went to Sweet Tomatoes and enjoyed catching up. Its been too long! On Saturday we went to Brandie and Page's son Lucas's birthday party at Classic Skating. It was a lot of fun getting to see all of Tyson's friends and Tirza had a blast because she loves Classic Skating. It was very nice and pretty relaxing. On Thursday I helped my mom clean out the laundry room in the basement. I took some stuff home that I didn't even remember her having down there and we got the baby toys she got for the grandkids put on the shelves. It is so nice having a ton of room down there! We finally got all the Christmas stuff put away and we will slowly clean the entire basement. On Sunday we hung out with Ty's parents since we haven't seen them in a while. We had lunch with his brother Brandon, his parents and us and Tirza at Famous Dave's and then Brandon had to go to work. We went to Menchie's and got frozen yogurt and it was sooo good! I'm definitely going there again. We went to their house and played games and relaxed until we had to take Tirza home. It was a lot of fun!

I got to see my family a lot this week. I saw my mom on Thursday and helped her clean. On Sunday after the viewing I met everyone at Marissa's apartment and we hung out for a few hours. We play Rummikub and I won (only because Rachel wasn't there to kick everyone's butts) and we had ice cream and brownie sundaes. They were yummy! It was nice getting to see my family 4 times in one week! On Saturday we went to Desert Star and saw Back From the Future (a spoof of Back To the Future). It was so funny! It is everyone's favorite so far. We got to take Tirza and I was so excited. Its fun to see how she gets into it and really enjoys herself. The best part of the show was when the crazy Doc uses Barbie and Ken dolls to show what would happen if they fail to get the Lagoon go cart up to 8 miles an hour by launching it down a ramp off the Provo clock tower. It was improv and we found out later that she gets certain things that she has to fit in to her monologue from the 2 other actors on the stage. She gets ready to push Ken in the go cart and she says "By the power of Chuck Norris's beard!" She lets go and he crashes at the bottom. Barbie slides down the ramp to save him. She tried to give him CPR and the Ken doll's head popped off and flew across the stage! It was awesome. The other guy was laughing so hard he couldn't say his lines! There were a lot of funny moments and we all had a really good time.

Overall this was a really good week. It was great getting to see a lot of friends and help my mom. I hope everyone had a great week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment