Friday, February 18, 2011

This week was pretty fun and we survived Tyson working the evening shift! He was scheduled Sunday through Thursday working 2 pm to 12 am. It was hard not seeing him and I was very glad when he was done for the weekend! On Sunday I went to my family's and hung out for the Super Bowl. It was pretty fun and it was nice seeing everyone. It made me very happy that everyone loved my salsa! I felt bad that Tyson had to work so I was sending him updates of the game.

On Monday I went to Sandy and visited with my mom. We went out for frozen yogurt and then went to Feng's Fine Chinese Dining. Brandon was doing the Lionhead dance and he was the Buddha! Basically the story goes that Buddha trained the lion and so they do a half hour dance where Buddha starts by waking up the lion by tapping him on the head with his fan. Buddha guides him around the restaurant and the lion 'eats' donations given by the children in colorful envelopes. There is also the lucky lettuce. There is a head of lettuce hanging from the ceiling and the lion snatches it up. He shreds it in his mouth and then throws it in 3 different directions. It is considered good luck if you are hit by the lettuce. The Lionhead dance is considered a blessing on the restaurant and they went around the outside of the restaurant and peeked in the windows. Brandon said that was the best part because he could yell directions to the lion and no one could hear! After he did the dance he ate with us and the food was really good! It was awesome to see Brandon do this and I want to go to all of his performances!

Tuesday I stayed home because Tyson was working and everyone was busy. It was okay because I got some stuff done and we figured out how to video chat so we could talk face to face while he was gone. Wednesday and Thursday I got to spend more time with my neighbor Hannah and we had so much fun! We haven't really hung out much alone and this was the perfect opportunity. On Wednesday Hannah made a delicious dinner of chicken, sweet potatoes (my first time having them in anything other than fry form) and green beans. She put Madelyn to bed and we were going to finish the Sorcerer's Apprentice that she started with me and Tirza a few weeks ago but we ended up talking for 2 hours! We talked about parenting and religion and it was a really good conversation. I've been reading Parenting with Love and Logic and so we were talking about it because she's read it too. We had so much fun and I really didn't want to work! The next day we went to the resident activity and snacked on treats with Madelyn. Not many people showed up so there were only 3 names in the drawing for the $50 gift card for dinner for 2 on Valentine's Day. I WON! I was so happy I was jumping up and down. Tyson and I were trying to save for the furniture and things that we wanted so we decided to not do much for Valentine's Day this year. Now we could go out to dinner! I couldn't wait to tell him! We went to Noodles and Company for dinner and we were talking about wanting to do more crafts. We both wanted to learn how to sew and we decided to go to Michael's and look around at what they had. While we were eating Hannah told me about a blog she saw where the person made lingerie cookies. I told her I'd seen the same one! We went to Michael's and got most of the stuff we needed for the cookies and some adorable heart and pearl sprinkles. We are going to make them on Valentine's Day while the guys are working :)

Friday was Tyson's first day off and we picked up Tirza. We hung out with Brandie and Page and actually had them come over to our place for the first time since the Christmas party! It was fun chatting with them because we haven't seen them in a while. We ended up going to their house because poor Lucas was teething and needed medicine and his bed. Brandie and I picked up ice cream for everyone and then we watched The Proposal and talked about weddings while the guys ran an errand. It was fun and I can't wait to plan my wedding and get married!

Saturday Tyson and Tirza went with his family to see his grandparents. I've had a horrible time trying to sleep in the last week and I'd only had 3 hours by the time they left. I slept and then ran a few errands until they got home. We went to Brandie's and played Last Night on Earth with Brandie, Page, Jared and Brandon. The zombie's won because they killed a lot of the heroes. Darn!

Sunday was awesome. We hung out at Brandie and Page's until we took Tirza home and then we went to Red Lobster with the gift card I'd won. We haven't gone yet because its pricey and Tyson doesn't really like seafood anyway. Brandon's wife Ashley works there so we finally got to see her and she was our waitress. She is the cutest girl ever! She was really sweet and the food was so good! I got the Seaport platter which had 2 kinds of wood grilled shrimp and 2 split lobster tails. Ashley was really nice and showed me how to get the meat out when she saw me looking at it bewilderedly. Tyson got a creamy potato soup and it was so good! I was so happy and full (and probably grinning like an idiot) and Tyson looked at me and said I was in a 'lobster coma'. It was a very nice night. We watched The A Team that we rented from redbox and it was really funny. I liked all the people in it and we had fun watching it and went to bed way too late!

We watched a few movies this week. Tyson and I finished The Departed which was awful. I'm going to ruin the ending because I hope no one ever watches it- everyone dies. There's a good guy who is a cop in with the mafia and a bad guy who is posing as a cop but he's in the mafia. They don't know who the other person is so they spend most of the movie trying to find out. It is so tense because you don't know who is going to win, the good guy or the bad guy. Well it ends up not mattering because most of the mafia people die (including the leader) and both moles die and a couple of cops and random people. In the end, only 2 main characters that they introduced (out of 15) survive. It was dumb and I hated it. Tyson thought it was ok and he's mad I ruined the ending. :) We watched a 4 episode series called Extreme Bodies on Netflix. There were episodes about dwarfism, giantism, extreme obesity and conjoined twins. It was really really cool. They did 3D scans of these people and you could see how their bodies worked. The conjoined twins one was my favorite. There was a 44 year old set of conjoined twins and they are joined at the head. There are only 6 sets of twins in the world who are connected this way and they are the oldest set of conjoined twins ever. It was so interesting! I highly recommend it. I watched Moulin Rouge which I hadn't seen since high school and I forgot how much I loved it! It is such a good show. Tyson bought Domino which I had never seen and it was really interesting. Its based on the true story of Domino Harvey, a bounty hunter played by Kiera Knightly. I loved it! I also watched The Proposal with Brandie which I've already seen but absolutely love. Its a way good chick flick and even Tyson liked it when we saw it together. That says something! It was a good week and an awesome weekend hanging out with my boy! I will post about Valentine's week in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment