Friday, February 25, 2011

2/14-2/20

I am so behind that I actually have to put the dates in the title. Oops! This week was really fun. Tyson and I spoiled ourselves a little. We both got our taxes filed and so we went a little crazy! We have been wanting a TV in our room for a while and we finally got a 42" Insignia flat screen and a new Blu Ray player! The new player is a touch screen which for some reason I find ridiculously entertaining. I am so excited! We also got new Bluetooth headsets because mine is so old and ready to bite the dust. Its crackly on both ends and just wasn't working. We got a really good deal on newegg.com and it was way cheaper than buying them in the store. I was so happy when I got mine! It has a shiny checker pattern on it. Now all we need is a new washer and dryer and kitchen table and we will have replaced all of the furniture in our apartment and a lot of the kitchen stuff! We are very fortunate!

Monday was Valentine's Day and my next door neighbor Hannah came over to make the lingerie cookies. We had so much fun and I was amazed that I was able to keep it a secret! We had a great time and spent hours perfecting our cookies and getting covered in gooey frosting. I cleaned the apartment so that Tyson wouldn't have to stress about it and he started laughing when he got home and I showed him the cookies! He showed up with not one but two bouquets of flowers for me! We went to Target and got season 1 of Castle which was my Valentine's present to him. He raves about it and so I had to get it and see what it was all about. We got Noodles and Company and escaped the craziness of the restaurant section of town and settled in to watch some episodes :) I absolutely love that show now! We ended up finishing the first season in 3 days! When the last episode ended it was 11:00 at night and I was totally ready to run to Wal-Mart and get the second season. We ended up buying it the next day and are still watching episodes. It is so good and Nathan Fillion is my favorite actor!

Tuesday I went to hang out with my mom and treat her to dinner and a movie. We ate at the theater and watched Gnomeo and Juliet. I loved it! There were a lot of Shakespearean jokes and it was a really cute show. We had a good time watching the movie and then chatting at her house for an hour. I wish I lived closer! That night when I got home Tyson helped me do my taxes while I was working. I'm getting $2,400 back! Yay! Now I can do a bunch of stuff that I have been putting off like replacing the timing belt in my car.

On Wednesday we picked Tirza up and Tyson loved my sugar cookies so much that he wanted me to make more because they were already gone! Tirza helped me make the dough and the frosting. She loves to help me cook and it is so much fun cooking with her! We had to decorate fast because we only had her for 3 hours and we ended up getting her home late because of that and it was snowing really bad.

Saturday I decided that I was going to surprise my family and take them to the Midway Ice Castles. We have never been and I found the article online about it. They are only going to be open one more week so we had to go soon. I told them we were going to Main Street in Park City and then were going to a surprise and they had to dress warm. We met them in Park City and looked at a really cool art gallery. The photographer is old school and does all of his stuff with film cameras and light. There are no effects or anything added. It was awesome! We went to Main Street Pizza and Noodle for dinner and it was so good! We had a good time hanging out and talking. Afterward we navigated carefully through the terrible weather to Midway. Marissa and Wesley were in my car and it was very satisfying to hear the "Ooooh" from the back seat as we pulled up. The ice castles were amazing! They were so beautiful and we got a ton of pictures. We were walking on packed snow and they provided ski poles for clumsy people like me so that we don't fall and die. I didn't think I needed one but Tyson picked one up and a few minutes later asked me to "hold" it and I had it almost the entire time. He's watching out for me! We played the dots game in the snow with the holes the ski poles made and at the end Brandon carved himself a little bubble in the snow. Tyson added a bubble on and connected them :) It was way fun! There was my mom, Gerilynn, Marissa, Wesley, Brandon, Tyson and me. I was so glad that everyone had the night free and we were able to go. It was so much fun. The castles were so beautiful and I recommend that everyone go!! We got to meet Brent, the guy who built them, and talk to him for a bit. I know from reading his blog that they make the icicles from sprinklers dripping on what look like bleachers and then they add them on to the castle. The entire structure is made out of ice. Brent was really nice and told us about the process. By the exit were pictures people had taken there and there was a wedding announcement with a picture of the couple in front of the ice! There was a ring picture of the couples wedding rings sitting on the ice. It was way cool! We had a really good time and then slid down the canyon. The weather was awful and the snow had built up on the freeway. We pretty much slid most of the way down. My mom stopped when I didn't expect her to and I was sliding right for her and I was so afraid I was going to hit her! Luckily we made it out of the canyon unscathed but I had to pull over and give my nerves a rest before driving home! It was a very fun day and I was so glad that my family enjoyed the ice castles as much as I did.

Sunday morning Marissa and Wesley came up and they helped us get the TV from Best Buy. Tyson got called into work so he headed out and we went to church. We got pizza for lunch and watched the 60th anniversary edition Blu Ray of Alice in Wonderland. After it was over Wesley looks over at me and goes "That is the weirdest movie I have ever seen!" Ah such a good show. We hung out on the couch and talked because we were all comfortable in our pajamas and didn't want to move. We headed to Best Buy to pick up the Blu Ray player that Tyson had ordered while at work. We then got ice cream at Cold Stone which is one of my favorite activities :) I was going to come to Sandy because Tyson worked all night and then had to get up early in the morning to go back but then I realized that everyone was working pretty much. We went to get Tyson's car from the car (it had gotten an oil change) and I was going to drive it home. We had to jump the battery because it was dead and I eventually made it back home. I spent the rest of the night setting up the new equipment so that Tyson wouldn't have to do it after his long shift. I watched Netflix until he got home and didn't do much because I had a migraine. He was very happy to see it set up! It was a good night and we got to spend time hanging out instead of putting it together.

Oh and one more thing- Happy Birthday Evelyn! She is the cutest 3 year old around and I miss her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment