Sunday, November 7, 2010

So I have finally started a blog. Its nothing fancy especially since I don't know how to work it but hopefully it'll make it easier for everyone to keep track of what I'm doing since I don't get to see everyone as often as I want.

Tyson and I love movies. There are SO many movies that I haven't seen so every week we watch a few new ones thanks to Netflix. Last week we watched Layer Cake which according to Tyson's friend was the 'best gangster movie ever'. I don't think we agreed with him. It was an okay movie and had a decent plot but at the end it felt like not much happened and there wasn't any particular part that was exciting like you would expect from a gangster movie. We also got Bones Season 5 Disc 3 and we watched all 4 episodes in one night! It was so much fun. Tyson and I love that series and it is probably our favorite TV show besides Pushing Daisies. The most exciting thing for me this week was that we bought Toy Story 3! I love Disney movies and we watched it on Wednesday with our awesome next door neighbors. On Sunday we watched the new Alice in Wonderland which was entertaining and an interesting take on the classic but I don't think Tyson or I would ever watch it again.

Tirza has told us that she doesn't have many friends and I've become good friends with a lady at work named Nicole who just happens to have 2 daughters around Tirza's age. On Saturday we invited them over and had ramen for lunch and everyone watched Toy Story 3 because most of Nicole's kids haven't seen it. They loved it and I of course didn't mind watching it again! The kids played and everyone had a lot of fun! Nicole and I got to chat and I loved playing with her 7 month old daughter Savannah. We've been trying to plan a movie night forever and I was so glad that it finally happened and turned out so well!

This weekend we spent a lot of time with Brandie and Josh Page and their kids since it is our weekend with Tirza. Tirza and their daughter McKenzie love to play and have sleepovers and do girl stuff together so we spend a lot of time with them on weekends we have Tirza. This weekend was special because we were celebrating Kayden's birthday! He is turning 5 next weekend but Josh works so they celebrated it Sunday. He got a lot of Transformers which are his favorite thing and the kids got sugar which is their favorite thing! We saw Megamind and it was really good! The kids loved it and got to overload on more sugar so they were happy :)

In other news we got Tirza some bows and a tutu (which are apparently all the rage) for Christmas and I can't wait to give them to her! We had the bows custom made by one of Brandie's friends and they turned out amazing! They are so detailed and one of them even has a little bottle cap charm that has a T on it. We got the original Tinker Bell movie when we joined the Disney movie club and will probably add Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue to her secret stash of presents soon.

Tyson is adapting well to his company being bought and the new managers are already noticing him. His manager Fred told him that in one of the manager meetings his name was brought up without Fred prompting it! Tyson is a very dedicated employee and puts 110% into his job so I am not surprised! The center that Tyson is at does things differently than the company that bought them so they are trying to decide if they will change it to their way of doing things or leave it the way it is. Either way, Tyson is ready for it!

We have been shopping lately for clothes for our pictures that we are getting done for Christmas cards. We are doing a red and black theme and I have found some really cute dresses for Tirza and have yet to find a red sweater for me. Pictures are the 21st so hopefully we find something by then! I am going to try to post every Sunday so you'll hear from me next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment